PARENT & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
In her individual parent sessions, Lynne helps you learn to respond proactively to your children’s behavior and reduce family conflict. In partnership, you’ll learn to leverage your children’s strengths and create specific plans to support t heir vulnerabilities in development, temperament, and learning so they can reach their greatest potential and feel competent and confident.
Together with Lynne, you’ll learn to create a next steps action plan that empowers you to navigate education and healthcare systems with confidence and respond to your child’s unique learning needs so he or she can thrive.
Through her education consulting services, Lynne can:
- coach you to better understand your child’s unique learning profile and make informed decisions about your child’s education and healthcare
- observe your child in his or her natural education setting to assess learning
- review your child’s evaluations and testing results to help you to make sense of findings
- streamline recommendations made by school staff and/or independent clinicians
- recommend further testing if necessary and make appropriate referrals to colleagues/clinicians
participate in education team meetings to make specific recommendations about your child’s learning strengths and challenges or to help design a meaningful individual education program (IEP).
LYNNE REEVES GRIFFIN RN, MEd is an internationally-recognized school and family counselor and the author of the nonfiction parenting guides, Let’s Talk About It: Adolescent Mental Health and Negotiation Generation: Take Back Your Parental Authority Without Punishment.
She’s taught family studies at the graduate level at Wheelock College, and has worked with educators in China and Singapore to adopt social-emotional learning best practices. Writing as Lynne Reeves, she is the author of the domestic suspense novels, The Dangers of an Ordinary Night and Dark Rivers to Cross, to be published in November 2022. Lynne blogs for Psychology Today, writes for a variety of health, education, and parenting publications, and is a regular television and radio guest expert.
Lynne Griffin is able to create an experience for parents that is safe for any kind of question, and her advice is always developmentally appropriate and thought provoking. Lynne is a key leader for parents.
–Nina Dickerman, Harvard University
“Lynne Griffin brings to bear wide and practical experience and deep knowledge on all issues having to do with children and families. Her ability to foster confidence in both children and parents in the critical learning journey of young boys and girls is testimony to her understanding that all children are different, with their own special needs. I have found her to be articulate, measured and responsive, keenly aware of the dynamics of school and home. Lynne is, in short, a valued and trusted professional.”
– David Fedo—Executive Director, Wheelock College Singapore
“Lynne’s passionate delivery of information builds bridges among children, faculty, and parents. Her encouraging attitude, positive inquiry and perceptiveness make her an asset to any school or parent community.”
– Renee DuChainey-Farkes—Head of School, The Woodward School
TO ARRANGE A CONSULTATION or PROGRAM
For more information about how Lynne can meet your needs, email her at Info [at] LynneGriffin [dot] com or call: 781-545-6585.
PARENT | PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMS
- Proactive Parenting: Three Styles That Impact Your Parenting Experience
- Negotiation Generation: Take Back Your Parental Authority Without Punishment
- Vulnerable Children: What Parents Need to Know About Anxiety, Depression, and Substance Use
- End the Constant Conflict: Parent & Child Communication that Builds Resilience
- At Risk, Stressed Out, or Just Fine: Understanding the Emotional Health of Your Child
- Essential Conversations: Talking About Tough Subjects
- Collision Course: Why Parents and Children Argue and How To Turn the Tide
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
- Nothing Extra, Nothing New: Seamless Integration of Social-Emotional Learning Opportunities
- Media Literacy & the Stigma of Mental Illness: Toward a Kinder Understanding of Emotional Health
- The Power of Stories: Using Fiction to Teach Teens about Mental Health
- Proactive Teaching: Behavior Management in the Classroom
- Temperament Styles: Working Toward Complex Learning Profiles not Against Them
- Organizing and Leading Interactive Parent Groups
With a focus on curriculum integration, Lynne shows teachers how to embed social-emotional learning activities into health, literacy, and media literacy curricula and offers suggested projects/assignments as well as grading rubrics. All of Lynne’s programs are grounded in research on:
- Neuroscience | Behavioral Psychology
- Social-emotional learning
- Teaching empathy
- Nurturing perspective-taking
- Proactive skill-building
LYNNE REEVES GRIFFIN RN, MEd is an internationally recognized expert on social-emotional learning, child development, and relationship psychology. She is also the author of the family-focused novels, The Dangers of an Ordinary Night, Girl Sent Away, Sea Escape, Life Without Summer, and the nonfiction parenting guides, Let’s Talk About It: Adolescent Mental Health and Negotiation Generation. Lynne’s blog for Psychology Today is called Field Guide to Families.
Lynne is available to speak to your school or parent organization about parenting, social-emotional learning, and preventive mental health. Programs are aimed at teaching communication and relationship skills that build resilience, nurture empathy, and encourage perspective-taking.
Lynne can provide individualized parent workshops & teacher trainings, keynote addresses, breakout sessions, case presentations, grand rounds, & staff meetings, or visit your civic group.
All fees are negotiated, based on the kind of program you desire, length of time, and other program considerations. Travel fees include air and ground transportation, daily per diem fee, and hotel as appropriate. Email information about your program needs to PR at LynneGriffin dot com.
TO ARRANGE A SCHOOL CONSULTATION or WORKSHOP
For more information about how Lynne can meet your program needs call: 781-545-6585.
A partial list of previous clients
– Marin Horizon School, San Francisco CA
– University of Hartford Magnet School, Hartford CT
– Harvard University, Cambridge MA
– Stonehill College, Easton MA
– Association of Writing Programs Annual Conference [Los Angeles, Boston]
– Massachusetts Children’s Trust Fund
– Massachusetts Department of Education
– The Steward School, Richmond VA
– Saint Anselm College, NH
– National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
– Maternal and Child Health Bureau, Washington DC
– Parent Encouragement Programs, Washington DC
– Massachusetts Department of Public Health
– Children’s Hospital Boston
– National Institute for Healthcare Management, Washington DC
– Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
– Saint Joseph Hospital Nashua, NH
To work with Lynne, email her at Info [at] LynneGriffin [dot] com or call: 781-545-6585.